Friday, July 19, 2024
HomeAutomobileVolkswagen Expects higher sales contribution from Tier 2,3 markets following expansion.

Volkswagen Expects higher sales contribution from Tier 2,3 markets following expansion.

Volkswagen currently sells three vehicles- Virtus, Taigun, and Tiguan.

By CROX Times Desk:  With the back of a rapid network expansion in 2023, Volkswagen is expecting the Tier 2 and Tier 3 markets to have a larger share in sales in 2024, as per a senior official from the company. The carmaker currently offers the Virtus Mid-size Sedan, the Taigun mid-size SUV, and the Tiguan premium SUV in India. 

The Volkswagen customer deliveries increased by 8% to nearly 42,700 units in 2023 from around 40,600 units in 2022. While the metro cities had approximately 65% of the sales, the Tier 2 and Tier 3 markets chipped with the remaining 35%. 

The company opened almost 50 new touchpoints in 2023 in cities like Ajmer, Bardoli, Bhilai Bilaspur, Indore and Vadodara. 

Volkswagen has done well considering in SUV segment and as of now Taigun has been facing stiff competition from Hyundai Creta, KIA Seltos, Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder, and Skoda Kushaq. 

The company is expected to witness immense growth in the financial growth. 

What are your thoughts? Do let us know in the comment section below. 

RELATED ARTICLES

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Most Viewed Articles