The Peshawar Mosque blast so far has taken 83 lives, while more than 50 people were badly injured and are still fighting for their lives. The suicide bomber appeared to have numerous barricades to reach the mosque.
By Crox Media Desk: The death in Pakistan’s Peshawar Blast rose to 83. According to a spokesperson in Peshawar, 57 people have injured in the blast that took place on Monday, and are still treated being injuries.
The mosque had nearly 400 worshippers when the suicide bomber blew himself up. The deceased include 27 Police Officials as well.
The explosion is reported to International Monetary Fund (IMF) mission to initiate the discussion regarding funding as the country is now going through a financial crisis.
Chronology of Peshawar Mosque Blast
1. Around 1:40 pm on Monday, a suicide bomber blew himself up inside a crowded mosque. The attacker passed several security barricades and managed to pass all the security checks.
2. The initial death toll to 17, while the number of injured people was increasing and videos of taking them to the hospital were circulated.
3. The explosion shattered the Upper storey of the Mosque, trapping dozens of worshippers in the hustle. Rescuers struggled to cut down the collapsed damaged rooftop to make their way to save the victims.
4. Local Taliban Group known as “Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan”, an umbrella of Sunni and Militants denied responsibility for the attack. An inquiry is set up to check whether there were any security gaps or if there was inside help from anyone.
5. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif highly condemned the attack stating that “The sheer scale of the Human Tragedy is unimaginable. There is no less attack on Pakistan” I doubt that Terrorism is still our foremost biggest challenge”